Wednesday, November 27, 2013

First Impression: November Love Me Beauty Box

Hello everyone! 

Today I have a post about my only beauty box subscription, Love Me Beauty. I've never subsribed to other beauty boxes because of the uncertainty, what if I end up with products I hate or don't need! The horror! Love Me Beauty box is perfect for me not only because I'm interested in trying new products and building up my stash, but because I get a bit of a say in what I get each month. Couldn't be happier! 

This month's box featured a lot of great products. 

From left to right: Art Deco Hydra Lip Booster in Wood Rose, Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Bronze Shadow/Liner, Lord and Berry Lipstick, Mitchel and Peach Shower Wash, Absolution Le SoinPurifiant face mask, Models Own Nail Polish 



The Art Deco Hydra Lip Booster is a full size product which retails for £11.50. I chose the box which featured the color Wood Rose (39)


Art Deco Hydra Lip Booster. Bonus: you can see me taking the picture in the cap! I'm wearing the Models Own nail polish on my nails :)

I really like this lipgloss! I'm not too much of a lipgloss person and much prefer lipsticks, but when I do grab for them I'll probably go for this one. It felt very hydrating on my lips and the color suits my skin tone really well. 

Models Own nail polish in Prussian Blue - verdict: meh. 
As you can see in the picture, I couldn't help but to immediately paint my nails with the Model's Own Nail Polish in Prussian Blue, retailing for £5. Both this product and the lip gloss are full size products. I'm definitely appreciative of the polish, as I couldn't bring my entire collection along in the move to the UK. The color looks very blue in light, and nearly black in low lighting. I wasn't very pleased with the way this applied. It isn't very opaque, though I think the sheer color would look nice layered with a glitter in-between (gelly sandwich, anyone?). It's a nice color to have, but I'm not singing it's praises, to be honest.

Le Soin Purifiant absolution mask
This is a great mask. I think. I've never heard of the brand, but I have used it once. It's a nice clay mask that doesn't feel as dry as some of the drugstore options that I've tried. It also has a really nice, interesting smell. I just really enjoyed using it! I haven't used any high-end clay masks, but this does work similarly to masks of the drugstore variety and I have to say this is just much nicer. It's got such a creamy consistency that dries nicely. My face tingled as I used it and I could feel it working. My pores were a tad clearer, but I'm going to have to use this for a while to see any good results, I think. I'm glad to have this product, because my pores were going crazy! 

Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 eyeliner and eyeshadow pencil, in a bronzy color, sorry I threw away the Love Me Beauty menu!
I LOVE THIS. Okay, so this is my first foray into the shadow/liner/pencil world, so I don't have a whole lot to go on, but this is where this box really comes in handy. The Jelly Pong Pong 2-in1 eyeliner and shadow pencil has introduced me to a new product I could never go without! I've never worn bronzy colors on my eyelids, but this looks SO nice. It goes on really softly if you tilt the pencil to the side to get the most surface area and less scratching. It also looks AMAZING as a liner, goes on really smoothly, and compliments my green eyes like no other. I'm sold, kids. 

Mitchell and Peach Shower Wash
Again, this is another, "Ooh, I'm glad this was in the box, because I've got two quarter-full bottles of travel-size shower gel and that's about it!" This will come in handy once I run out of the others. It smells nice. I guess I'm happy to have it? I don't like to purchase full-size shower gels unless I absolutely love the scent. I'm so fickle that it makes more sense to use travel-size ones anyway, so I'm glad to have it. I believe the menu said this is sourced from a farm in England, so I'm all for that!

Lord & Berry lipstick in...a color. Not sure!
This Lord & Berry lipstick was lumped in as an apology from Love Me Beauty for the poor quality of Lord & Berry mascara in the last box. I didn't notice the poor quality, actually, until a month-in of use (yes, I actually used the Scuba Waterproof mascara every day!). I originally liked the formula, the brush (which was much more manageable at the time than the Covergirl Flamed Out mascara wand that I was using), and the really natural look that it gave my eyelashes. However, right around a month exactly of use, the formula just clumped. It wouldn't do anything for my lashes and I couldn't even get the brush to comb through them. So I am now pretty grateful that LMB compensated its subscribers with this product. It's a nice, neutral pinky-brown shade that is universally flattering. I have enough shades like this, so I probably won't pull it out anytime soon, but I can always use another lipstick ;) 

I hope this was a nice insight into some new products, my thoughts on the ones included in the box, and a little peek into the awesomeness that is subscribing to Love Me Beauty (no, I'm not sponsored, if only!!). 

Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes? How was your November? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment